Unrefined shea butter is obtained from shea nuts; it is generally cultivated in Africa. It is mostly used in cosmetics and food industry.
Unrefined Shea butter is obtained with the chemical processing using hexane or petroleum products and further processing involves – bleaching, deodorizing and overheating for the refining.
Unrefined Shea butter appears the hard solid, off white and very smooth and creamy in texture, with little odor.
- It is natural moisturizing and agent and is used in cosmetic industries and hair related products such as –
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Face creams & emulsions
- Shampoos & conditioners for dry hair
- Making Natural Soaps
- Sun cream lotions
- It is also used as cooking oil
- It can be used in making candles
- It is very useful in lessens the pregnancy stretch marks
Safety and Precaution
Unrefined shea butter may cause allergic reaction that may cause itching.