Peanut oil, well know as (Arachis Oil) obtained from peanuts, is recognised to have the aroma, taste and flavour of its parent legume. The Arachis is marketed as groundnut oil in UK. It is basically used in South Asian, Southeast Asian and Chinese cuisine. Its major component fatty acids are oleic acid (56.6%) and linoleic acid (26.7%). It contains some arachidonic acid, palmitic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, lignoceric acid and other kinds of fatty acids. The oil is appreciated for its high smoke point relative to many other cooking oils. Arachis oil is one of the most famous oils in the world basically used in the kitchen for cooking, or simply including a light crazy taste to recipes. It’s widely used in Asia, like China Cambodia, Laos, and India.
It is obtained by cold pressing of kernels of peanut (arachis hypogaea). It is also available as refined oil.
Cold pressed peanut oil has a deep yellow color, nutty aroma & sweet taste and refined oil has a yellow color & neutral taste.
- Peanut oil or Arachis oil is used for general cooking.
- Arachis oil is used for flavoring
- It is used as massage oil.
- Arachis oil is used for frying foods, because it has a high smoke property.
- It could be used as a source fuel for diesel engine.
- It can act as a suspension agent for medicines & vitamins.
- It helps in maintaining healthy heart by maintaining healthy blood lipid profile.
- It helps to maintain proper level of good cholesterol.
- It can reduce Acne of skin if mixed with small amount of lime juice.
- It helps in protecting skin from blackheads.
- It helps to prevent constipation, digestive problems, diarrhea and other stomach problems.
- It is useful in hair care like curing dandruff
- Used in moisturizing lips.
- It blends well with other essential oils.
Safety & Precautions:-
1. It is not safe for everybody because it contains allergens & can cause food related allergic reactions
2. Pregnant womens & nursing moms should use caution in using peanut oil